Thursday, June 2

Summer = Productivity.. right?

Alright! Out of school, only working twice a week (alternating with my husband) and Olibear starts Mother's Day Out twice a week next week. This means I better get my To-Do lists together so that I can be prepared in using my 6 free hours each day he's gone wisely.

I will not, repeat, will not play video games for 6 straight hours each day.

Maybe just 20 minutes.. or so.

I've been browsing through quite a few DIY blogs online, mostly over home items or house renovations, and I think that's what I'm doing with my time. We only have so long in this house before we move to Oregon (fingers crossed!) but it's still up in the air, since we haven't heard definitive answers back from jobs John's applied to.

Therefor, I will do what I can with the time and money that I have. Which isn't much, so that's where the internet comes in. Follow the jump for the complete list in my head that I am determined to get finished!




Tear down of the wood paneling. Lovely pink plaster under it! But also a lovely giant hole.
Luckily, I've found a few great resources to help me make my grubby, old, outdated house look cute and not stinky. One is Creatively Christy, a mom who crafts, sews and collects links to other great websites of the same sort. I've already been looking through her blog for 2 hours now and feel really motivated.

Wallpaper being put up last winter! Upper part of other wall shows original paper. Yuck.

I'm looking for a few cute items to just give our house some color. Since we've taken out the 30 ft wood paneled wall (Yes, THIRTY. FEET.) and replaced it with a neutral, pretty cream colored wallpaper, what we really just need is some color. So this morning, I found a large plant stand shelf at a garage sale that we're going to put in the kitchen (which is also bland, until we can remodel it completely).

Something along these lines, only more muted colors?


And on Etsy, I noticed a lot of yarn wreaths (something along the lines of this), which is something quiet that I can do while transferring calls at work! So I'm going to head over to the craft store and pick up felt, yarn and a styrofoam wreath (even though I hate that stuff. I always end up breathing it in) along with a small canvas, because Oliver's little around the corner friend is having a birthday party this upcoming weekend.

In between all of that, I want to paint the two back doors a deep, rich red, since everything in our house is a washed-out white/beige/barf color. And finish painting the half-wall wood paneling in the laundry room, along with painting the kitchen! It will get done. It will.

No comments:

Post a Comment